Offering a ‘hands-on’ and cross-curricular approach, our Design & Technology Resource Files are packed with primary D&T lesson plans and activities that link with other subject areas.
These innovative resources will save you hours of work every week by providing all the medium-term plans, individual lesson plans, background notes and practical resource sheets you need to teach design & technology in your school.
This comprehensive, multi-media package includes:
- a ringbound resource rile of inspiring design & technology lesson plans and medium term plans with cross-curricular links, plus activity sheets that will save you hours of preparation time
- a CD featuring an electronic flipbook with photographs and illustrations that link to the lessons in the file — ideal for a projection onto a screen and perfect for starting a discussion
- a large-format flipbook featuring the images from the CD, perfect for whole-class teaching and display
- an editable version of the whole file, in Microsoft® Word, so that you can adapt it to suit your school
The medium-term plans give an overview of the forthcoming lessons, their themes, learning objectives and learning outcomes; while each D&T lesson plan caters for a mixed-ability class and takes into consideration management of time and resources. There are notes for the teacher about materials, preparation and health & safety. Resource sheets give pupils the opportunity to practise skills and complete tasks.
A site licence is included in the price.
Design & Technology Resource File Contents
Early Years Foundation Stage
- Our places and spaces
- Having fun
We have the power
Key Stage 1 (Years 1 & 2)
- Moving pictures
- Eat more fruit and vegetables
- Winding up
- Joseph's coat
Key Stage 2 (Years 3 & 4)
- Sandwich snacks
- Moving monsters
- Photograph frames
- Money containers
- Lighting it up
Key Stage 2 (Years 5 & 6)
- Musical instruments
- Moving toys
- Controllable vehicles