Grammar and Creativity is a series of lively and engaging guides to Grammar, which take teachers and pupils through the rules of English and the writing adventures that await the young imagination.
A lively, illustrated appearance and imaginative written examples are designed to encourage pupil engagement and help to remove the ‘dryness’ associated with the teaching of grammar, while the rigorous content ensures real learning and progress.
This fun and inspiring series has been written in response to the government's revised English curriculum with its emphasis on grammar and the new SPAG tests, which schools have to comply with by September 2014.
- They support teachers and pupils every step of the way.
- Each page provides an opportunity to learn / revise new grammatical terms and put them into practice. It supplements this by including a glossary of grammatical terms and answers.
- They go beyond the minimum statutory requirements by providing lots of opportunities for creative writing.
- Four books in the series, one each for Year 3, Year 4, Year 5 and Year 6.
- Available to buy individually or as a complete set for Years 3-6.
- Each book contains a CD with fun photocopiable resources
Each page takes the following form:
- An explanation of grammatical terms, such as word classes and how they feature in writing
- Guided practice
- The opportunity for open-ended creative writing using the framework of rules provided
- Children are encouraged to self-assess their work in line with the objectives
- A ‘suggestion box’ provides a space for the teacher’s comments
The four books in the series available to buy individually or as a complete set