Our Art & Design Resource Files contain a wide variety of creative experiences following the work of different artists, designers and craftspeople to ensure your pupils gain a broad range of artistic knowledge and skills in drawing, painting, collage, mixed media, textiles and sculpture.
Available for Early Years Foundation Stage and Key Stage 1, these teaching resources comprise:
- a ringbound Resource File containing primary art & design lesson plans, medium-term plans with cross-curricular links and photocopiable activity sheets that will save you hours of preparation time
- a CD featuring an electronic flipbook with a wide variety of examples of art work by different artists and children that link to the lessons in the file, perfect for starting a discussion
- a large-format Flipbook featuring the images from the CD, perfect for whole-class teaching and display.
The medium-term plans give an overview of the forthcoming lessons, their learning objectives and outcomes, plus cross-curricular activities; while the whole resource file gives primary teachers the flexibility to interpret the material to suit their own style and pace.
Each resource file contains:
- lively individual lesson plans
- detailed medium-term plans
- National Curriculum Programme of Study references (KS1)
- learning objectives and outcomes
- support for planning visits to galleries and museums (KS1)
- a glossary of technical terms
- a biographical section on all artists discussed in the file
- examples of children’s work
- an explanation of the elements of art
Each primary art & design lesson plan caters for a mixed-ability class and takes into consideration management time and resources. There are also prompt questions, providing teachers with useful ideas to engage children in discussion for each unit of work. Extension activities at the end of each unit provide further ideas.
The KS1 Art & Design Resource Files also include a CD with all the works of art from the flipbook in electronic format. Each image can then be projected on to a screen or whiteboard for whole-class teaching.
Key Stage 1 (Years 1 & 2) contents
- Investigating materials
- What is sculpture?
- Picture this!
- Mother Nature, Designer
- Can buildings speak?
The Foundation Stage Resource File includes an editable version of the whole file, in Microsoft Word, allowing you to customise it to suit your school needs, plus all the images from the flipbook, ideal for projection onto a screen or whiteboard.
A site licence is included in the price.