Building Blocks for 2 to 3 years offers EYFS practitioners a valuable source of fresh, fun activities exploring inspirational, child-centred themes linked to the three Areas of Learning for children aged 24-48 months. There are three modules (or building blocks) available:
- Personal, Social and Emotional Development
- Communication and Language
- Physical Development
Written in-line with the revised EYFS curriculum, each building block in this modular series can be used as a standalone resource or built into a comprehensive resource file.
A special ringbinder is also available in which you can store your individual modules as you purchase them. If you purchase the complete set of modules together you will receive a FREE binder* automatically. Alternatively, you can buy a binder at any time either separately or at the same time as you purchase individual modules.
Activity ideas, written by experienced practitioners, are specially designed to develop the three characteristics of learning: Playing and exploring, Active learning and Creating and thinking critically. Accompanying them are sample pupil profiles, ideas for progression towards the Early Learning Goals, activities to take home and time-saving resources lists.
Themes covered by each module:
1. Personal, Social and Emotional Development
- People who can help me
- My day
- Play time
2. Communication and Language
- What’s that sound?
- My favourite things
- Story time
3. Physical Development
- Getting dressed
- Moving about
- My favourite food
Building Blocks also features on the:
National Literacy Association’s Online Guide to Literacy
Comments about Building Blocks from Starbank Primary School, Birmingham:
- It is really useful to have extension activities included for gifted and talented children already working at Year 1 level.
- The ideas for independent learning are very good, especially the role play and writing ideas.
- The scheme offers ideas/ inspiration on how to practically do the activities.
- It is very useful to have the characteristics of learning included as this is new to the Early Years curriculum.
- Presentation is clear and you can quickly locate the 5 minutes ideas which is good when you have a spare few minutes at the end of the day to fill.