Each of our Make It Easy CDs comprises:
- a PowerPoint® presentation for each unit of work.
- images that can be projected onto a screen for whole-class use or explored by small groups of children working on computers.
Each PowerPoint® presentation includes:
- photographs of products for investigation; photographs of children working through the design and make assignments; photographs of finished articles and alternative ideas
- video clips of children at work and demonstrations of relevant skills and techniques
- teacher’s notes and key questions
The Make It Easy CD can be used in a number of ways:
- as a visual planning aid to inspire and guide staff preparing a unit of work
- as a stimulus and focus for class discussion prior to starting on a unit
- as an ongoing reminder of ideas and skills needed during the unit
- as an independent research tool to be used by children before starting a project: for clarifying ideas; as a focus for homework; for identifying materials that need to be collected.
- Microsoft Word
- The Make It EasyCD is designed to be used with PowerPoint 2003. It may be used with earlier versions of PowerPoint, but the video clips will not enlarge to full-screen size. The KS1 CDs require at least 500 MB of hard disk space (Year 1 requires 201 MB and Year 2 requires 244 MB); while the KS2 (Years 3 & 4) CDs require 650 MB of hard disk space (Year 3 CD – 320MB and Year 4 CD 340MB).
A site licence is included in the price.