Get the Singing Habit is a DVD-based training resource for teachers who would like to inspire music within their class, school or group, but don’t know how to go about it.
Divided into four sections – Singing, Pitch, Rhythm and Composition – the resource contains:
- A DVD with bite-sized video footage for training purposes.
- A wiro-bound book with photocopiable session outlines and support materials, such as song sheets and rhythm cards.
- An audio CD of all the songs referred to in the sessions.
Each session features:
- Step-by-step written instructions relating to the music activity being taught, with links to relevant resources.
- Video footage that shows the techniques and methods needed to deliver effective music lessons – the footage effectively models for the teacher what they need to do in the lesson.
- Information on internalisation, creative development, composition and movement.
- Wider opportunity ideas, Every Child Matters principles and kinaesthetic learning.
- Support for differentiation.
Get the Singing Habit is suitable for all pupils from Foundation Stage up to Key Stage 2 (Years 5 & 6) and contains:
Foreword by Howard Goodall
List of teaching songs
Section 1: Singing
Section 2: Pitch
Section 3: Rhythm
Section 4: Composition
Glossary of musical terms