The purpose of this lesson is: to consider a map of ancient Greece and to investigate city states and the way they were governed.
Children should learn:
• about the geography of ancient Greece;
• that ancient Greece consisted of city states;
• that different city states were governed in different
• to discover how ancient Greece was organized.
Children should be able to:
• recognize that ancient Greece was organized into
• know that Athens and Sparta were city states;
• understand that there are different models of
Includes Lesson Plans and Sheets for activities