Our Primary French Resource Files are accompanied by a Flipbook, a set of 50 Flashcards and two CDs.
There are two resource files available:
- The Primary French Resource File 1 is for beginners (it’s ideal for Years 3 & 4 but is suitable for beginners of any age including Years 5 &6)
- The Primary French Resource File 2 is the follow on.
Both resource files comprise:
- A ringbound resource file, containing medium-term plans, lesson plans, resource sheets and activity sheets.
- A full-colour, large format flipbook – containing a wide variety of photographs and illustrations.
- A set of 50 colourful, double-sided laminated flashcards for teaching essential vocabulary.
- Two CDs containing:
- a pronunciation section, with all the vocabulary used in the course read out by a native speaker – which can be referred to whenever it’s needed – and specially commissioned songs, guaranteed to bring language learning to life and make French teaching fun in your school
- a customisable version of the resource file, together with the flashcards and an animated version of the flipbook, ideal for projection on to an interactive whiteboard for whole-class teaching. (A site licence for both CDs is included in the price.)
Each lesson plan caters for a mixed-ability class and takes into consideration management of time and resources. There are also notes for the teacher about resources and preparation, plus cross-curricular links throughout. Medium-term plans give an overview of the forthcoming lessons, their learning objectives and learning outcomes.
The flipbook, in both print and electronic format, is an interactive way of consolidating children’s knowledge. The animated version of the flipbook contains full audio support with the voice of a native speaker. This is ideal for the non-specialist and specialist alike. The full-colour flashcards can be used to introduce new vocabulary and reinforce language once it has been presented. An insight into French culture is also included: there is a whole lesson based on festivals and pupils are introduced to French-speaking countries – they are encouraged to locate them on the map and find out more about them.
This innovative resource will enable even the non-specialist to teach primary French with confidence.