Our Problem Solving resource file helps develop pupils’ thinking skills and boost their confidence by using and applying mathematics theory to solve problems, enabling them to approach a diverse range of problems in a logical and systematic way.
Fully photocopiable, it features time-saving lesson plans, suggestions for ‘teaching actions’ before, during and after solving the problem and pupil-friendly activity sheets containing mathematic problems and extensive teaching notes.
You will also find hints – to be used when necessary – on guiding your pupils towards the correct strategy.
Available for KS1, KS2 (Years 3 & 4) and KS2 (Years 5 & 6), our Problem Solving resource files will improve your primary school pupils’:
- Willingness to try new problems.
- Perseverance when solving maths problems.
- Awareness of different maths problem-solving strategies.
- Awareness of the value of approaching problems in a systematic manner.
- Ability to select appropriate solution strategies.
- Ability to apply solution strategies accurately.
- Ability to monitor and evaluate their thinking whilst solving problems.
- Ability to answer more problems correctly.
Your pupils’ thought processes are sharpened and their confidence boosted.