Every teacher knows that running a school focus week is a great way of concentrating children’s minds. However, setting up and organising such an event can be a mammoth task for all the staff involved. That’s why we have published this invaluable resource: the Science Focus Weeks.
Children investigate and answer questions, such as:
- How can you make a balloon pick up a paper fish?
- What are the best materials to use when writing a secret letter?
- Is it only fingers that feel?
- Are some colours easier to see than others?
- Do taller people have larger lungs than shorter people?
- How can you make an accurate timer?
The Science Focus Weeks are a subject-focused, cross-curricular resource that helps teachers to run creative and inspiring focus weeks for children from Reception to Year 6.
This download is for focus week:
- Magical Science
- The wealth of customisable resources provided for each week includes:
- comprehensive planning timetables for the co-ordinator
- draft timetables for each week
- launch assemblies
- background information on all investigations including links to the National Curriculum
- lesson plans, prompt sheets, pupil self-assessment sheets
- PowerPoint®presentations of stimulating full-colour photographs that can be projected onto an interactive whiteboard.
All this and much, much more is just waiting to be discovered in the Science Focus Weeks!
There is an editable version of the planning and teaching materials in Microsoft® Word, and a site licence is included in the price. Great value when you compare the cost of buying in additional staff to run an event!
Other Focus Weeks are available for:
- • Art and Design