Schools continue to assess their strengths and weaknesses, and to use the outcomes from high quality, rigorous self-evaluation as the starting point for planning their continued development and improvement; while Ofsted recognise this skill as a central feature of outstanding leadership and management.
The outcomes from self-evaluation must be linked to a school development or improvement plan that shows how progress will be achieved.
Our Strategic Planning in Schools CD is designed to assist the process of creating a single, concise and practical plan for improvement.
Fully in-line with the 2012 Ofsted Evaluation Schedule, it explains each stage of the process, giving practical illustrations and providing blank matrices that can be customised to suit the needs of individual schools.
The CD covers:
- Linking analysis to strategic planning
- Planning as a management tool
- Writing the strategic plan
- Planning at the organisational and operational levels
- Planning for the maintenance of non-priority areas
- Managing plans in smaller schools
- Revisiting and up-dating the plan