A review of the topic of forces
Taken from LCP Science Resource Files KS2
Learning objectives Children learn/revise:
• that pushes and pulls are examples of forces;
• that forces are needed to start and stop things and to change their speed and/or direction; • that friction,including air resistance,is a measure of force;
• that forces have direction and that they can be measured using a forcemeter;
• that the standard unit for measuring force is the newton.
Learning outcomes Children:
• revisit work on forces from previous years/units.
Purpose of the lesson:to review the topic of forces.(This is a quick run-through,to reacquaint the children with the subject,and it is not necessary to go into depth.
Comes with lesson plan and worksheets